Monday, February 21, 2011

Stir of Echoes Trailer

At the weekend I watched again the amazing UK Criminal Intent opener. I so love the music. But I also found the Stir of Echoes Trailer. I think I never watched it before.


published by SupernaturalEarth

For a longer Stir of Echoes summery and review visit Dustin Putman's homepage.
..."Stir of Echoes" isn't a perfect film by any stretch of the imagination, but in the thick, atmospheric mood it conjures up, it is a terrifically eerie domestic horror-drama, and is not only effective on a technical level, but is impressive in its portrayal of a struggling working-class family. Kevin Bacon and, especially, Kathryn Erbe (1997's "Dream With the Fishes"), are top-notch and exceedingly believable as a loving married couple who nonetheless have their fair share of problems. After Tom is hypnotized and starts seeing ghastly visions, he is completely taken over by his desire to solve this mystery of the disappearing girl whom he has seen lurking in his house, and instead of Maggie not being understanding, she instead believes what Tom says, and aside from being a little worried by what he is going through, does not try to stop his pursuit. Bacon and Erbe are not traditional Hollywood stars like Tom Cruise and Julia Roberts, and therefore, are easier to relate to and always plausible as a struggling couple who have to work overtime at their jobs just to make ends meet...

3 comments:

  1. I watched this film a long time ago and I didn't remember that Kathryn played in it! ( ̄へ ̄) And I say I'm a film buff ! Yeah, sure !

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you didn't know? I already made a few Maggie entries here at my blog ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm ashamed but I missed some posts :-(

    ReplyDelete