Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Planned Parenthood

Yesterday I got a link over twitter from my good friend Susan. Before I left to my next to last lesson of that semester, I managed to read the Planned Parenthood article.


STAND WITH PLANNED PARENTHOOD

The anti-choice fringe is attacking Planned Parenthood like never before. They are coming after us in Congress and in statehouses across the country. They are sending undercover film crews into Planned Parenthood health centers to secretly tape our doctors, nurses, and other staff. They are spreading lies about who we are and what we do.

They want to eliminate reproductive health care, family planning and sex education for millions. They want to make abortion illegal. We will not let them.
An open letter to state legislatures, Congress, law enforcement and the media

I'm standing with Planned Parenthood
Dear [Decision Maker],

The past few weeks have brought increasing attacks on Planned Parenthood, the nation's leading sexual and reproductive health care provider and advocate. These attacks are dishonest, and they are dangerous.

Anti-choice activists have lied their way into local Planned Parenthood health centers and fabricated a story about a child sex trafficking ring -- a serious and horrific crime that no one should exploit for their own political agenda. And, unfortunately, it is just the latest in the escalation of attacks that include Representative Smith's bill to ban private insurance coverage for abortion for millions of women and Representative Pence's bill to defund local Planned Parenthood clinics, so that they can no longer provide family planning, birth control, or preventive care to millions of women.

These dirty tricks are not new. Our opponents resort to lies because lies are all they have. The truth is that Planned Parenthood gives millions of women the means to control their own reproductive health, from sex education to birth control. They are the leading voice for women's reproductive health and rights. They've been at it for 90 years, and they aren't going anywhere.

I'm standing with them today to make sure of it -- and that is the truth.

The time has come for everyone who cares about women's health to fight back against the lies and the dirty tricks. I am calling on you to stand up for women's health, and for the truth.
Thank you,
[Your Name: Antje]
[Your Address: In the Middle of Berlin]
[City, State ZIP]

I wanted to post the Planned Parenthood video of the Criminal Intent Cast [published 20th January 2010] for weeks and this article and the open letter finally gave me the perfect chance to connect the clip with a current and so important ongoing.


Check out our video on health care reform, starring Law and Order: Criminal Intent actors Eric Bogosian, Vincent D’Onofrio, Kathryn Erbe, and Julianne Nicholson*. They took time to bring us their personal message about why comprehensive health insurance coverage for women is so important.
*No official participation or endorsement by Law & Order: Criminal Intent

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome that she supports Planned Parenthood.

    They want to eliminate reproductive health care, family planning and sex education for millions. They want to make abortion illegal.

    I think my state (Oklahoma) is probably wishing and hoping to make this happen with that ridiculous law. I think it's only the beginning. Ugh.

    Anyway, on a different note, KE should definitely wear more pink. Honestly, she looks great in that color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great pic...too cute. She looks good. She seems to be an awesome person.

    ~Snyder~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathryn wore that pink shirt last year while Sundance and yes, it seams that not only Alex likes pink ;o)

    I cross my fingers that US women won't become criminals when deciding for the most difficult decision in their life.

    If I get PP right, they do more than abortion. They help people in so many parts. Great organization.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason when I commented on this last night, my phone didn't load the video. I'm on my computer now and it loaded (of course I just re-tried it on my phone and now it works. Go figure). Anyway, OMG! I've never seen that video before. I love it!!! VDO looks yummy! *Drools*

    ~Snyder~

    ReplyDelete