Saturday, February 26, 2011

Badge vs. Badge

Detective vs. Lieutenant



I bet everyone of the CI fandom watched the first trailer of season 10 several times…of course me, too!



Vincent is looking amazing and the repeat t’jaras words, Bobby is back and that is so relieving and wonderful. But my eyes not only rested on him. I also spend a lot of gazes on Kathryn. Her hair is beautiful. Yes, I loved it short like in the first season, but long is great, too. Wow, the wave when she turned for the end. Her outfit simple and very Eames. I bet that will be the outfit for the promo pictures.

But then I took a closer look at the badges. I read in one blog entry comment that Bobby carried his old badge number…sigh. I couldn’t see it for myself, but that would be too nice. What I really discovered was Alex’s badge. The golden shield is still looking like a Detective badge.



I’m really curious what the writer/creative directors/show runner will make with her promotion to Lieutenant. I really hope they didn’t mess with that fact and complicate Alex’s vita even more.

11 comments:

  1. Love your post today Antje. A different point of view and one to think about. I hope they don't complicate things to much with Alex's life story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lieutenant wouldn't be working side by side with any detectives but would be in charge of them. They might assist the detectives in some way though and/or be called to the "scene". I'm thinking that Alex is still a detective and we will find out what transpired being that she quit during the last season. Maybe since Bobby is going to be reinstated that very fact negated her from becoming a lieutenant? Remember that was part of the terms of her getting the position in the first place. I could be wrong, we'll find out soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome blog. I hope they don't screw with it too much either. But I would like to see in the beginning, the writers showing us how they returned. You know, kind of a personal side to the story. Of course, they won't. *long sigh*

    ~Snyder~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Snyder with them showing "kind of a personal side", like they are together. (o.k the shipper in me is coming out since I saw the pic of them smiling at each other).

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Bev: I bet they messed up her life again.

    @Nantz: But she made the exams. I don't know if you can decide to go back in the lower level. You're right, we'll see in May what the writers did with her career.

    @Snyder: I would die of happyness when we see a little more insights of personel stuff. No drama, only simple stuff. We have to wait.

    @Pat, welcome to my blog. Oh yes that smile is: pure sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the writers don't underestimate how much the fans pay attention and want explanations!
    @Snyder and Pat- this shipper couldn't agree more! I also noticed those smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @havers-Thank you. I'm crazyforloci at fanfiction, so you know how much I love your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @carolina: I cross my fingers for good research. But Boots on the Ground was written by a woman who also made: Slither, Silver Lining, Grow, The Good Child and a few more. Good episodes, early episodes.

    @Pat: ah, very cool that you found my blog. You are a very loyal reader of my ffs. I always love to read your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't know that about the "Boots on the Ground" writer. That's very exciting actually.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nantz remembered the name of the writer and posted the episodes she wrote on her blog.

    ReplyDelete