Thursday, July 21, 2011

Episode 1x10: Stranger in a Strange Land

Episode: Episode 1x10: Stranger in a Strange Land for the [info]tvrealm landcomm.
Ep Summary: Write a fic about a character finding himself in another fandom.

Fic Title: Back to Normal
Fandoms: Criminal Intent/The Good Wife
Wordcount: 215
Warning/Spoilers: Rating: K+ Pre S10 of CI
Unscreen Y/N: Y
Fic:

“Detective Eames?”

I nodded and got up from the comfortable armchair and shook a strong but smooth hand.

“I’m Alicia Florrick, how can I help you?”

“Eh’hem…?” I stopped. I thought I knew what I wanted to say. I didn't expect to get tongue-tied at expressing my thoughts. In my head they were crystal clear. I was in Chicago to attend the baptism of one of the many children of my late husband's siblings, but I interrupted my vacation to take the chance to talk to a lawyer, checking re-position chances.

“Let’s go in my office.” The woman in the red designer suit noted that I needed a few more moments. While we walked along dignified halls, passing modern offices behind glass walls, I could collect my thoughts.

My brother-in-law got me this appointment at Lockhart/Gardner, his workplace, because I didn’t want to test the water in New York City. The NYPD was too well-connected, had its ear everywhere and I had had enough problems after rejecting the promotion to the MCS captain last November.

We reached Mrs. Florrick’s office and my fingertips pushed slightly against the postcard I kept in my pocket.

Bobby wanted to return from his months-long European trip, renew our partnership, and I needed him more than ever at my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment