Sunday, January 9, 2011

2011 – a festival year?

I really hope so. There are so many new projects of Kathryn and Vincent I’m looking for.

I’m not a big cineaste. I like to go to cinema, but I never managed deep analysis of special scenes. Therefore I started late to visit film festival. I know it’s a shame for a girl living in Berlin being so close to the Berlinale.

But with so many other things Kathryn and Vincent changed my behavior.

2009:
Oldenburg International Film Festival – Staten Island
2010:
Harlem International Film Festival – The Vanishing City
American Film Festival, Wrocław – Don’t go in the Woods

And 2011? I hope to see Worst Friends and Sunny Side Ups but much more I want to watch Mother’s House.
And on Vincent’s side? There is Crackers, Chlorine [whit what I plan a funny blog post since last summer. I badly need pictures of Kyra and Vincent], Ass Backwards and High Midnight. For Kill the Irishman I cross my fingers for a regular movie start in the Berlin cinemas and a Germany or Europe premiere in Berlin. That would be too cool.

To come back to my first film festival: Oldenburg and Staten Island. The screening had been at the same day like my ceremonial removal from the register of students – September 19th 2009. What a day. The ceremony was boring and lasted endlessly. We rushed the 250 miles over the highway but had an amazing cinema night with the movie and a following Q&A with Seymour Cassel and James DeMonaco.

Read here more about my Oldenburg and Staten Island experiences.

Like every month also in 2011 will be new 20 in 20 icon challenges. This time I decided for Parmie Tarzo in character 20 in 20. I had set the alarm in the middle of the night to get a place in round 17…lol.

Here are my results.

With tanks to tiger_tyger, blame and purple_inthesky for their textures.

10 THEMES




















DorkyExtremeFriendship
GlassesHairNose Up
OrangeTeam XText Texture
Wallpaper


CATEGORY ~ Black & White







b&w 1b&w 2b&w 3
b&w 4b&w 5


ARTIST'S CHOICE









AC 1AC 2AC 3
AC 4AC 5


I couldn't stop:



For February I want again to icon Kathryn for character 20 in 20. I made Alex Eames’ icons and Maggie Witzky. Which character I should take next? Any suggestions? [Shirley Bellinger, Hellen, Rita Hale, Rosie Kilmartin, Michele MacKay, Lucile Odom or Anna Marvin]

4 comments:

  1. I think it's great you are able to attend the film festivals...it's a great atmosphere to be in. Your icons are wonderful. I would love to see you use Shirley for your intended Katie icons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nantz. I'm really looking forward 2011 and more festivals. I know you'll keep me on track. ;o)

    Shirley would be great for the next round. I really want to do her for awhile. I know where I find caps. The only problem: I never watched OZ. I really should start this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn! I would pay a lot for visiting the Berlinale! It must be great...

    Your icons are beautiful. I love Parmie, he's so funny. His yellow socks are priceless! :D

    Concerning your next challenge, I agree with Nantz, Shirley would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I visited the red carped of the Berlinale but never watched a movie.

    Parmie is the best, amazing character.

    I think I'll follow your suggestions with Shirley.

    ReplyDelete