Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Pillars of the Earth

I promise my next blog entry (wow, number 100 unbelievable) will be only for Kathryn.

Yesterday my mom wrote me an email, see here:

Rufus

Hallo Spatz,

heute Abend ist am Potsdamer Platz Premiere von "die Säulen der Erde". Laut Sat1 soll auch Rufus Sewell zur Premiere kommen. 19.00 Einlass und 20.00 Kinobeginn. Was meinst Du????

Bis denne

Mama


My first thought with reading only the header: mhm, Beck or Sewell?

Rufus Sewell and the cast of The Pillars of the Earth were in the city to present the mini series.

Plot:
The Pillars of the Earth is set against a backdrop of war, religious strife and power struggles which tears lives and families apart. In that time, there rises a magnificent Cathedral in Kingsbridge. Against the backdrop, love-stories entwine: Tom, the master builder, Aliena, the noblewoman, the sadistic Lord William, Philip, the prior of Kingsbridge, Jack, the artist in stone work and Ellen, the woman from the forest who casts a curse. At once, this is a sensuous and enduring love story and an epic that shines with the fierce spirit of a passionate age. Follett masterfully weaves these stories through political turmoil of 12th century England, creating a relevant and viable world for today's audience and for generations to come.


Years ago I listened to the wdr produced audio book. I have the book in my shelve, but never found the time to read Ken Follett’s historic book.

We arrived Potsdamer Platz and the cinema around 7 p.m. and just had to wait 30 minutes until we finally could take a look at Rufus.



I really like Rufus Sewell. He was bad in A Knight's Tale but so wonderful in Eleventh Hour.

Therefore I made my shipper 20 in 20 icons for October with Rachel Young and Dr. Jacob Hood.

THEMES

BewitchingDark or LightHaunted
Harvest DreamsHorror
MoonlightSave MeTrick
TreatWitching Hour
Category: October

Artist's Choice


Plus three variations:

No comments:

Post a Comment