Thursday, October 21, 2010

My shipper heart jumps wildly

This is the first time I’ll direct your attention to a fanfiction…not written by myself.

I read that summery a few weeks ago while scanning through the Criminal Intent M section of ff.net:

SPRING FEVER
No, Alex tells herself. You are NOT seriously considering jumping your partner's bones right here in the parking lot in front of God and everyone. But she kind of is. B/A established relationship.

Law and Order: CI - Rated: M - English - Romance/Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 5,187 - Reviews: 13 - Published: 6-4-10 - A. Eames & R. Goren – Complete

I opened the story in a new tab and there passed a few more days until I found the time to read it.

I was hooked from beginning on. I loved the three chapters splitting in Maybe it's the weather. Or maybe it's the clothes [Alex in a PINK skirt and cardigan ensemble…Gemini hit me again]. Or maybe it's the adrenaline very much. Alex and Bobby were looking for a perp but he caught them earlier. He managed to snag Alex and fix her…Bobby outside. But Alex is able to free herself and cleared the situation so Bobby and uniformed cops can arrest the guy.

And then I read that part:

"With both hands t-tied behind your back."

Bobby manages to say it with only a small stutter, and it occurs to her that he's probably the only person in her life who knows exactly what that means for her. Others might get it on an intellectual level, but Bobby has triggers of his own, and some of them are as similar to hers as it's possible to be. He hasn't worn a wristwatch since Tates.

I was like…OMG, I never thought about that. Right, they both were captive in the show. They both had to handle the consequences after. One more bond between them.

I knew in the moment I read these lines that I would make a blog post. Because I know my problems with the English language I also was a little creative, so you can give your eyes a little rest.

Bonds

Spring Fever of JeannieMac included a beautiful sex scene. It was wonderful to read under all the romance and kinky M stories of ff.net [I also count my own writing in this category] I really adore, a combination of fun and reality.

I asked me again, how would it be, the first time of Alex and Bobby? I wrote it so many times and always tend to make it perfect for both of them…lasting forever, the pure love. But are first times really perfect? I talked with friends about it. They think the first time between Bobby and Alex will be wild and quick and also clumsy. They know each other so well and after all of these years, if it really would happen there would be so much background they have to reduce.

What do you think?

I really would love to write such a realistic lovemaking, but there is my big big Post Loyalty story I wrote for awhile and now am at the summit…Alex and Bobby meeting again after five months. I can’t find the right words. I see it in my mind, but I can’t write it down. I really have to sit down and just do it. New York City was amazing, but it stole my writing mojo.
Then I got a prompt to the Christmas Fic-A-Thon at the LJ. I got ‘It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas’ me, the Advent time hater, but I have a funny idea. I don’t know if I can write it, but the idea is good.
And I also got these great two lines yesterday:
Men will do more for a woman whose not his mother - and, of course, we all know why!
It says it all without saying it all.
This is also perfect for a fic…sigh.

Okay, back to the topic. Read JeannieMac’s stories. I managed to consume two more until now and there are so many more. I really like her writing. It’s romantic and soft and gentle but also has great analysis of CI inside.

5 comments:

  1. Well, I guess this makes you a busy writer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for Jeannie's link. I absolutely LOVED her story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobby steht nur auf einen Typ Frau ,
    und das ist nicht Alex !!
    ja ja !

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Bex: You're welcome. I really loved that story and also the other stories of Jeannie are beautiful. I just wanted to share and make a new banner ;o)

    @Rennschnecke: Ich weiß Irene war eine sehr schöne, intelligente und starke Frau, aber Alex ist das auch.

    ReplyDelete