Monday, April 18, 2011

Stylish...?



I got two stylish blogger awards at the week end. Both Nantz (VINNIE VIDI VICI) and Bev (Blue Velvet Vincent) thought of me. Thank you my friends. I feel very honored.

The rules to accept the award:

1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 10-15 blogs who you think deserve this award.
4. Contact these bloggers and let them know about the award.


I) I’m a geocacher since late October 2006. At the weekend my mom and me (we’re team superfelix [there is an amazing story behind that nick name]) found our 1623 hidden treasure. We installed nine own caches, seven are still active and visitable. We cached beside Germany in four other countries.
II) I visited 13 countries: Poland, Czech, Austria, Swizz, France, Luxembourg, Belgium, Netherlands (only Denmark is missing in Germany’s neighbors), Slovakia (and also Czechoslovakia), Hungary, Italy, Malta and USA. I was in every of their capitals beside, Washington DC, Rome, Bern and Brussels, Warsaw. I plan to see much more of the world.
III) I lost half of my family within 13 months. My dad died June 2005 with 57 years and my sister July 2006 with 21 years.
IV) My sister was 2 centimeter smaller than me at birth. This tale difference never changed over our growing. As I stopped growing with 1,51 m = 5 feet we knew she wouldn’t reach the magical 1,50 m.
V) My grandpa (father of my mom) was born in 1899. My mom was born as he was in his late 50’s. He must fight in both World Wars. He was an aeronautical pioneer. I can proof it here. He was a dentist but didn’t finish his doctor thesis.
VI) If I can finish my PhD thesis, I’ll be the first Dr. in our family.
VII) I was born in a country which didn’t exist anymore and I survived two currency unions.


Nominations: There are so many good blogs outside, and a lot of them already got an award. But I want to point on Criminal Intent Musings of my friend Quietfire. No one can combine music and video like her. When you’re also a fan of Human Target. Visit her new blog.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, I loved reading about you. I didn't know you were studying for your PhD; that's impressive! All those places you've visited are unbelievable. If I wasn't such a chicken about flying on a plane, I might do the same thing. My father had wanted the two of us to visit Germany but he passed away before that could happen. So sorry to hear about your father and sister...both too young. Congratulations on the award! Thanks for the heads up about the new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I already left a comment?? That's what happens when I've too many windows open.

    I'd love to try geo-caching. It sounds like so much fun.
    I hope to get to Holland one day. My mother has so many relatives there yet.
    I too didn't realize you were studying to get you PhD, and you still have time to maintain a blog. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Your blog deserves those awards :)
    I feel sorry for your family, that's awful. They were so young...
    I'm impressive to know you're studying for your PhD. I hope you'll get it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I'm on my way to a doctor degree in engineering. In May my firth year is done.

    Geocaching is a great hobby. You'll see your surrounding with new eyes and when you think you know your neighborhood, you'll find out much more about it. You'll enter places you didn't know they exist.

    Thanks for the awards my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Engineering?! Wow, I'm more impressed. When do you find the time for blogging or making your icons?! You're very organized, not like me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, great history. Didn't know some of this. Whaddaya mean "if" you can finish your PhD. No question!

    And thank you for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no life Potzina ;o)

    I'm at the beginning of my PhD. It's an eight to five job...so much time left for the fun.

    I want to finish my PhD, Quietfire, but you never know...

    ReplyDelete