Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Ingrid Price - Costume Design

As I collected the information for the Mother's House Festival Update, I stumbled over Ingrid Price homepage. I knew she was the costume designer of Criminal Intent for the first eight seasons. I asked her once if she remember the wedding dress of Alex and if she has more pictures of it. Unfortunately she has not. But here are two gems Ingrid created for Criminal Intent.

Do you remember Collective? One of the sexiest episodes ever. Reminds me also of a fanfiction I'll never finish...

Lingerie from Hell

I created this corset to be used as a prop on Law & Order Criminal Intent. Although it was not worn on camera, it was certainly tried on by a few crew members! HR Giger's artwork provided inspiration for the part human, part machine, part skeleton creation.

After applying found objects to the base corset, I used gel medium infused with graphite and powdered silver over a black base paint to mimic metal. The corset was actually very light and flexible.

In my original sketch, the clawlike hands reach upwards, but in the final design, they're reversed. I liked the way those fingers rested on the hips: with lots of attitude.

Why oh why no one had a camera to take pictures?

Giving life to the Undead

I designed this dress to incorporate three periods... Empire (check out that waistline), Late Victorian (those huge sleeves!) and the American Civil War (yes, the hem was burned off during the Fall of Atlanta). The character was a vampire, enduring for 200 years in the same dress. A fashion faux-pas, perhaps, but lots of fun for me to create.

The many historical periods embodied in this costume presented a challenge to the detectives on Law & Order Criminal Intent as they pursued a murderer with a penchant for all things Nosferatu.

The actor pictured is the gorgeous, talented Kim Director.

No comments:

Post a Comment