Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My artwork in Kathryn's hands

Maybe you read over twitter about the big favor of Blanca for me. Here you see the result:
Kate loved your letter and artwork! She sends her love and thanks.:) via


I want to tell you a little more about the story that Kathryn Erbe was holding MY artwork in her hands ;o)

I started to write a letter to Kathryn during the whole CI filming last Spring. I don't know why I never finished it and sent it to Chelsea Piers???

But in January I knew I would get another chance (not going the long way round using the Gersh Agency) to contact Kathryn. Blanca tweeted or mentioned in her blog that she would visit Yosemite twice. I asked her if I could send her my letter and she would pass it to Kathryn after the performance. Blanca agreed immediately. I knew I had a little time until February 26th. I took the old letter and re-wrote it. I also printed the magazine cover and article (my masterpieces of the tvrealm landcomm) as little gift for Kathryn because I asked for an autograph in the letter and it would be awesome if Kathryn took a look on my work. I hope she smiled about the article.

Even when sending everything in early February, the letter only arrived sometimes last week. Woah, I was so frightened it wouldn't get there in time. But now I'm so happy. Kathryn got the letter and my gift and maybe she'll answer...

...we will see ;o)


Note: Rattlestick Playwright Theater extended Yosemite for another week. So take your chance to see the play this week before it's over. [Discount codes: $15 tickets for theater artists--code YTA, $10 tickets for students--code YSTU10] Here you also can watch the backstage interviews with the four actors and Daniel Talbott.

P.S. Here you can take a closer look at the magazine cover (when you ask yourself about the other headlines you only need to take a closer look at all my tvrealm entries of season one and two) and also the fake interview with Alex Eames.



image name

4 comments:

  1. I want a copy of the mag.LOL Great work. How cool is it to have Kate holding your art work. AWESOME..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Antje! What a coup! I am so happy for you! Your magazine is fabulous, as I've told you before. And to know Kathryn has seen it...held it! Incredibly awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just the coolest thing!! Well done Antje! That cover was brilliant! And bravo to Blanca for the delivery and photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehe Pat, I can print a copy for you, too. ;o)
    It's an awesome feeling to see Kathryn holding my stuff.

    Sigh, yes Susan. When thinking about everything I have only superlatives in my mind.

    Right quietfire, bravo to Blanca.

    ReplyDelete