Saturday, November 9, 2013

Steppenwolf


Visit Kathryn's Steppenwolf profile and find this nice picture of her and Gary Sinise during A Streetcar Named Desire. I know the other two photos of this production but here Kathryn has another facial expression.



Role That Was the Most Surprising
“I’m kind of embarrassed to say that when I first re-read A Streetcar Named Desire [1997, Steppenwolf Theatre], I didn’t feel I could relate to Stella. Why would this woman stay with this guy? But my then-husband [director Terry Kinney] knows me well, and once we started, I fell in love with Stella and Stanley and Tennessee Williams. It was mind-blowing, particularly as I grasped his deep respect for humanity in all its forms, the lowest of the low in particular. Every role I play teaches me something, and that one informed so much of the work I did afterward. Gary Sinise [Stanley] is such a giving, supportive person, and it was a joy to go to the places Stella and Stanley went with him. These two people were absolute soul mates. It was just an epic, tragic love story.”

No comments:

Post a Comment